Once you have done your CISSP certification test and passed the test, that is not the end of the road. There will be an organization endorsement process which you will have to complete before you earn your full CISSP certification. You will need to have an endorsement form which will then be signed digitally by a professional who is (ISC) 2 certified, and a member of the organization in good standing.
Qualifications of the Endorser
- The person who is digitally endorsing your form is supposed to be able to verify that you have experience in terms of professionalism and that the experience in regard to work is great to the best of their knowledge.
- You will have to get the number of the member when you are completing the form. In case you don’t know anyone who is a member in good standing, the organization which conducts the exam can act as your endorser
Things to Note
There are a couple of things which you need to understand.
- Remember that you have limited time when it comes to getting your endorsement as it has to be within the first nine months after you pass the CISSP exams if not, then you will be forced to retake the exam afresh and pay full fees again.
- Before you take the exam, you will need to think about the person who is going to endorse you when you pass. If you don’t have any member in mind, you can develop some contacts within the organization before. If you find it hard to get a connection, talk to the organization itself to be your endorser.
- It is necessary to remember that, there are regular audits which are done by the organization of those who pass the exam, randomly. So for you to be endorsed by the organization, they will subject you to an audit and require some extra information about you for verification purposes. This, you will be notified via an email which will be sent to you in case your application is among those which will be selected for audit.
Requirements for Doing the CISSP Exams
Not just anybody is legible to do the exam. The examining body, (ISC)2 does a rigorous background check before anyone is allowed to register for the exam.